It's official.The NL East-leading Mets have made the trade with the Twins, filling a gap up the middle with speedy second baseman Luis Castillo, who loves nothing more than to flash the leather and beat out infield hits.
The 31-year-old, three-time Gold Glover will be the peas to shortstop Jose Reyes' carrots. Castillo was batting .304 with 15 RBIs in Minnesota's the leadoff spot this season.
In return, the Twins gets big league offspring/catcher Drew Butera, who is to report to the AA New Britain Rock Cats, and outfielder Dustin Martin, who will land with the Class-A Fort Myers Miracle.
[Star Tribune]
I miss linking to Bat Girl. *sigh*
9 comments:
who's going to play second? are they bring casilla back up?
also? totally not baseball, but KG? to the celtics?
FEH.
Aaaaaah man, I know.
And I'm already over it. Jefferson, Brewer, Foye, McCants and Blount. We'll roll.
Psst. I'm thinking this Buscher fellow will do for now. Nicky's alright up the middle, but Bartlett needs to get a hold of himself defensively.
I thought we needed a bat. Yes? No? What's happening?
I see Buscher at 3rd with Cirillo helping out, Punto moved to short and Bartlett moved to second. That sounds like a lot of movement, but I think it could work out. I also see Juan Rincon in Oakland and Mike Piazza as a Twin for the remainder of the season.
Hmmm. You have my wheels turning, muck-up.
So long, Li'l Papi. (This is my special pet name for Castillo.. sigh). He'll be missed.
And yes, Sooze, Nate gets mad at me every time I say it but SERIOUSLY Bartlett needs to start paying attention when he's fielding. Ugh.
PS.. Muck-up--I like your thinking on Piazza.. Hopefully the fans who threw hot dogs at Knoblauch stay away from him and his helmet.
I was all excited to ask who the Twins were going to leave stranded on the bases now that Castillo is gone but they started winning again.
Post a Comment