Excuse me while I get all homer for a second...
This weekend, the Minnesota Twins celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 1987 World Series. That Championship was one of the first and favorite memories of my childhood, so watching the ceremony tonight before the game was pretty great.
Memories of my first love, Greg Gagne followed by my hero, Kirby Puckett were enough to send me nostalgic all evening. There was this one too, which mostly just cracked me up. And yes, even Jeff Reardon showed up, still rocking the beard.
Below is a beautiful video tribute to Eloise Pohlad: the club's biggest fan and late wife of Twins owner Carl Pohlad, the club's charismatic P.A. announcer of 44 years: Bob Casey, The Voice of the Twins: Herb Carneal, former Twins Joe Niekro and of course, the late, great Kirbyyyyyyy Puckett.
Warning: below is a video montage that may or may not make you incredibly sad. Furthermore, it is set to the tune of "Yesterday" by... yes. Unfortunately, it's Boys II Men.

5 comments:
Those videos were awesome. But we were supposed to win last night!
That pregame was so great last night - like you I was filled with some great memories, although I recall the '91 World Series much more fondly.
You're a girl after my own heart...
I love the 87 team. FOREVER.
I am going to leave for today's game now, go get my Gary Gaetti bobblehead, which will replace my teddy bear when I go to sleep at night...
Sigh.
Great videos!
Dick Belzer
Luther Toyota.com
The Mute buttton on YouTube is your friend
Great stuff
Post a Comment