The Minnesota Twins have postponed today's game against the Kansas City Royals after the I-35 bridge collapsed near the Metrodome and team president Dave St. Peter said the weekend series with the Cleveland Indians may also be cancelled. In turn, the Twins also set back Thursday's groundbreaking ceremony for the team's new downtown stadium.
Twins officials decided to play Wednesday night's game after contacting the department of public safety officials, since sending 25,000 people back into traffic could affect rescue efforts.
[Minnesota Twins]
4 comments:
All that carnage is terribly sad and frightening.
Glad to see one of my favorite Babes is ok!
As much as I am so sad about the bridge (that's my way home and luckily for me I took a different way for some reason last night.. VERY LUCKY) I'm pissed because I have awesome tickets for saturday. It's like, hellooo Twins... I've had a bad week with the bridge and all, please cheer me up on saturday.. Gawd.
i'm glad the twins are getting back in the saddle tonight. i think a little baseball will help lighten moods.
also, i've got tickets to saturday's game, and if it had been cancelled, i'd have been effed for activities to do with my aging mother (who will still probably bitch about the stairs we have to climb up and down to get to the seats).
Post a Comment