7.24.2007

Happy Birthday, Barry Bonds


Barry's head is the butt of many jokes.
Barry Lamar Bonds, you were born this day, 43 years ago in Riverside, California to big league superstar Bobby Bonds and his wife, Pat. At birth, you were given quite possibly the coolest Godfather ever - baseball legend Willie Mays.

You were destined to grow up to be a slugger, and now you are on the verge of breaking baseball's most sacred record.

Happy Birthday. I have a feeling you won't be getting any Playboy mags this year.

[Winning The Turnover battle]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you meant "happy birthday" as in "You are too old to be naturally and without the use of some sort of alleged enhancements playing ball still, Princess Bonds*, but have a good birthday anyway"...?
No?
Somewhere by the bay, Willie Mays is shaking his head thinking he should have given young Barry* the "say no to drugs" talk....

Sooze said...

Haha! Exactly, Marea.

P.S. We are TOTALLY soul mates!

Anonymous said...

See?!
I swear my parents gave you up for adoption.

Andrew Bennett said...

Today should be a national holiday for the commemoration of the birth of the greatest baseball player ever to live =P

nice pics

Sooze said...

I knew you'd like them Andrew. :)

Seriously, whether Barry's past is flecked with bad choices or not, he's still about to make history. From a baseball standpoint, it's exciting.

(ducks)

Anonymous said...

this is true.
which is why I was conflicted in Milwaukee last weekend! It's like, I wanted to see him hit 754 (or 754, 755, AND 756..) to see baseball history in the making... BUT at the same time, his little tantrum when they walked him and his lack of TRYING to do anything but hit the record (like the fact he won't run after anything in left field or try to make it to 2nd in any kind of hurry), or the fact that he doesn't even turn to LOOK at the fans who paid money to see HIM makes me not like him as a person. BUT.
He is going to make history, regardless of all of the above. So you have to (sort of) like him as a player.
And I'm spent...

Anonymous said...

is that a squirrel?

Anonymous said...

Umm Sooze your obsession with Hunter Thompson has to go.

As far as Barry fuck him. The record doesnt mean shit. The only real HR record is Ruth's, and in part Aaron's because of the way he surpassed Ruth, and I think it's best to leave it at that.

For what it's worth Barroid's hulk picture is priceless.

mikeski said...

At his giant melon head or at his knees. Every friggin' pitch.

Sooze said...

Why, yes! That is a squirrel!

Post a Comment