11.22.2011

Young Lady Gets the Chance to Interview Curtis Granderson for Baseball Youth Magazine


When this email came across our inbox, we couldn't help but smile.

In an attempt to avoid dating myself, I'll just say that when I was Haley Smilow's age, I fell deeply in love with baseball and never looked back. Sadly, I never got the opportunity to interview my favorite player, Scott Leius. Anyway, we decided to share her interview with Curtis Granderson for Youth Baseball Magazine with all of you. It's awesome.

The 10-year-old New York City native and her family took a fun baseball trip around the Midwest this summer to seven stadiums in five states, including Miller Park, U.S. Cellular Field, Wrigley Field, Busch Stadium, Kauffman Stadium, Target Field, and Oriole Park at Camden Yards, to enjoy 26 ballgames in 31 days. Now that's a vacation.

Along with several other players, Haley had the chance to meet the New York Yankees center fielder for an interview, which was published in Baseball Youth. While we are re-printing the interview in full, we encourage you to check out the magazine, which would make an excellent holiday gift for the little baseball lover in your life.


[Baseball Youth Magazine on Facebook] | [Baseball Youth on Twitter]

4 comments:

Marc Smilow said...

Thank you to Sooze & Marea from Babes Love Baseball for posting my daughters interview with Curtis Granderson. Thank you to Baseball Youth Magazine and Nathan Clinkenbeard for setting up the interview and the biggest THANK YOU goes to Curtis Granderson & John Fuller and the New York Yankees organization...

Bassmaster said...

LOL @ Scott Leius being your favorite player! I hope your expectations for greatness have grown since the early 90's Sooze.

Sooze said...

Marc, it was our pleasure!

Bassmaster, I thought I was going to marry him.

Danny Yellin said...

Great article Haley!

Post a Comment