6.13.2007

Tuesday's Babelicious Scoreboard



While it can't get any more embarrassing for the Milwaukee Brewers, it really can't get any better for the Detroit Tigers.

Twenty-four-year-old Justin Verlander throwing 100 mph heat, along with insane curves and a changeup that made opposing batters do a double-take, threw the first no-hitter of his short career and the first in Comerica Park history - leading the Tigers to a 4-0 rout of the Brew Crew last night.

"It was the best thing that ever happened to me," he said.

Last season's AL Rookie of the Year struck out 12 (that's a dozen, cousin) and walked four, with a little help from some outstanding defensive plays.

This marks the first no-hitter in Detroit since Nolan Ryan of the Angels did it at Tiger Stadium in 1973, as Comerica opened in 2000. The Brewers were last no-hit in 1994, by Scott Erickson in Minnesota.

Impressive, indeed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Local boy does good!!!

mikeski said...

Congrats to Verlander.

Meanwhile, the Mets are trying to kill me.

Sooze said...

and meanwhile, the Twins are being shown up by a two no-nos in their division. I am not happy!

but yes, congrats to Verlander.

Anonymous said...

Scott Erickson was SO HOT when I was 10!

Sooze said...

No kidding! Although, for some reason I was in love with Brian Harper. Some things never change... including my love for the backstop.

Anonymous said...

...and just as I got to thinking the Brewers were gonna do great things this season...

Post a Comment