The New York Yankees have reportedly offered former All-Star outfielder Bernie Williams a minor-league deal with an invitation to spring training.
Is Bernie seriously considering this? If he still wants to play baseball, he has many opportunities to go DH somewhere else, or at least become another club's fourth outfielder.
Plus, Bernie's agent is none-other-than Superagent Scott Boras. He made flame throwing gyroballer Daisuke Matsuzaka a zillionaire, so I'm sure he can find a home for Williams, stat. I thought that was the new big league trend, anyhow: pick up an aging free-agent, claim they're healthier than ever, then add them to your 25 or 40-man roster. Maybe even start them on Opening Day, just for old time's sake.
Then again, maybe he's too sad to go. Williams has been with the Yankees organization since 1991 and old habits die hard. There's always the retirement option, where Bernie could make sweet melodies with his acoustic guitar, finding purpose and pastel-colored serenity.
[Hartford Courant]

2 comments:
It will be hard for Bernie to play anywhere else. Only seven other Yankees have worn the pinstripes for as long as he.
Sure he could go elsewhere. I just hope he doesn't
I doubt he will play anywhere else. He's obviously the sentimental type and a fan-favorite.
Post a Comment