2.01.2007
Nats Give Kearns Extension
Austin Kearns agreed to a three-year, $16.5 million contract extension with the Washington Nationals Thursday. His income will steadily rise as he makes $3.5 million in 2007, $5 million in 2008 and $8 million in 2009 with a club option for 2010 worth $10 million or a $1 million buyout.
The 26-year-old outfielder will now avoid two years of salary arbitration and possibly two years of free agency, should the Nats pick up the option. Last season, he hit .264 with 24 home runs and 86 RBIs in 150 games; his first full season in the Majors.
Kearns is a .265 hitter with 79 homers and 299 RBIs in 515 career games over a span of five seasons.
[Washington Post]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good luck Nationals with Soriano off to the Cubbies and Nick Johnson and Kearns as your main source of power.
They will have a hard time scoring runs this year.
BLB, I left you another message/comment down under the Kerry column in which I told you how much I like your site.
Not sure if you saw it.
They're gonna have an extremely tough time competing in the ALE without much offensive umph. Is umph a word? It is now.
And thanks, Jason! Glad you've enjoyed it so far. We're babies yet, so it'll be interesting to watch the site develop.
Sooze I think you mean NLE (National League East).
If however you want AL East news, that's what I cover over at
www.mybaseballbias.com
Check it out!
Doh! I have the ALE on the brain, since our previews of that division are coming soon...
Seriously bad ass site you've got there. I've linked it up and I gotta tell ya, I LOVED your Who Am I!
Post a Comment